About Joomla! CMS
Joomla! is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) for publishing web content. Over the years Joomla! has won several awards. It is built on a model–view–controller web application framework that can be used independently of the CMS that allows you to build powerful online applications.Joomla! is one of the most popular website software’s, thanks to its global community of developers and volunteers, who make sure the platform is user friendly, extendable, multilingual, accessible, responsive, search engine optimized and so much more.
What’s a content management system (CMS)?The definition of a CMS is an application (web-based), that provides capabilities for multiple users with different permission levels to manage (all or a section of) content, data or information of a website project, or intranet application. Managing content refers to creating, editing, archiving, publishing, collaborating on, reporting, distributing website content, data and information. check content management system
As a developer, can I use Joomla! in a more advanced way?Some companies and organisations have requirements that go beyond what is available in the Joomla! Core package. In those cases, Joomla’s powerful application framework makes it easy for developers to create sophisticated add-ons that extend the power of Joomla into virtually unlimited directions. The core Joomla! Framework enables developers to quickly and easily build:
- Inventory control systems
- Data reporting tools
- Application bridges
- Custom product catalogs
- Integrated e-commerce systems
- Complex business directories
- Reservation systems
- Communication tools
Being a web agency, how can Joomla! help me?If you’re an agency who develops websites for your customers, Joomla! is the perfect tool for you (have a look at our benefits and features). Designed to be easy to install and set up, even if you’re not an advanced user. With a short learning curve (we provide free video training as well) you’ll be able to quickly build sites for your clients. Then, with a minimal amount of instruction, you can empower your clients to easily manage their own sites themselves. If your clients need specialised functionality, Joomla! is highly extensible and thousands of extensions (most for free under the GPL license) are available in the Joomla! Extensions Directory. Since Joomla! is based on PHP and MySQL, you’re building powerful applications on an open platform anyone can use, share, and support. To find out more information on leveraging the Joomla! Framework, visit the Joomla! Framework site.
Joomla! seems the right solution for me. How do I get started?Joomla! is free, open, and available to anyone under the GPL license. Read Getting Started with Joomla! to find out the basics.
- If you’re ready to install Joomla! by yourself:
- Download the latest version of Joomla! You can find it on the Joomla! Downloads Portal, you’ll be up and running in no time. And if you need any help, visit our official forums and documentation. You can also watch our training videos. Download Joomla! now >>
- Joomla! provides also another way to get started without having to install it:
- Free website on launch.joomla.org This is the easiest way to start your first Joomla! website immediately. You can launch a totally free and fully functional website in seconds and start publishing your content online immediately. Try launch.joomla.org now >>