2022 YOUTUBE USER STATISTICS
For sharing videos or advertising, there exists no other platform as rewarding as YouTube on the planet now. There has never been a website in the past decade that gives us opportunities to become popular overnight and make money online by just uploading videos.
Video marketing dominates the content marketing industry today. YouTube, the pioneer video sharing platform and the second largest search engine, experienced a 4.9% growth rate in 2021 according to SEMrush statistics. In 2022, the number of YouTube viewers is expected to hit 210 million in the US alone! As videos continue to impress and engage customers, we are anticipating some amazing things from YouTube in 2022.
Interesting YouTube Statistics
- According to Statista 2022, over 2.6 billion people worldwide use YouTube once a month.
- India has the most YouTube users in 2022, estimated at 467 million.
- Technically, YouTube is the second-largest search engine, after Google.
- YouTube’s global advertising revenues in 2021 were estimated to be around $28.84 billion.
- With 213 million subscribers, T-Series is the most subscribed YouTube channel.
- Ryan’s World YouTube channel generated the most revenue in 2020 (29 million subscribers).
- In 2021, YouTube Premium and YouTube Music together have more than 50 million subscribers around the world.
- YouTube is the second most popular social media platform.
- Every day, people watch over a billion hours of video and generate billions of views.
- Most YouTube users fall in the age group of 15-35.
- More than 70% of YouTube watch time comes from mobile devices.
- The male-female ratio of YouTube viewers is 11:9.
- The top genre watched by YouTube users is comedy (77% users).
- In 2020, the biggest advertiser on YouTube was Apple Inc, having spent $237.15 million.
- YouTube accounts for around 25% of global mobile traffic.
- With 74% of adult users, YouTube is the most popular online platform in the US.
- 80% of parents in the US, with children aged 11 or under, say their child watches YouTube videos.
- The percentage of OTT watchers consuming YouTube content is 94.5%.
- 16.4% of YouTube traffic comes from the US, 9.2% from India, and 4.8% from Japan.
- An average YouTube visitor checks nearly nine pages per day.
- In 2020, viewers spent 100 billion hours watching gaming content on YouTube.
- 72% of people used YouTube to consume fitness content in 2020.
- YouTube is the most used social platform for research purposes among B2B decision-makers with 50.9% users.
- As of 2022, YouTube has more than 51 million active channels.
- There are more than a hundred local versions of YouTube in over 80 languages.
- Of the top 100 searches on YouTube, 20% are related to music.
- 6% of Google’s ad revenues are created from YouTube.
- YouTube is the second most popular platform for influencer marketing.